Elegance, beauty and style; that was the ambiance created last Thursday at The Metta Nairobi for the Le Diner en Blanc, media launch. Lovely ladies and gents, all dressed in white braved the dreary weather to get a taste of what the main event on the 25th of November, would feel like.
The ever gorgeous LeAnne Peris, who also happens to be the host of Le Diner en Blanc Nairobi, gave us a little bit of insight on what we can expect on the 25th of November, as this year’s theme is:” Stronger Together.” Just like the two previous events, the third one promises an unforgettable evening of elegance and beauty while bringing together people of all colors, races and tribes together for the chicest picnic ever!
If you’ve never had the chance of participating in this annual event, you probably might be wondering what Le Diner en Blanc is all about. Picture a group of over 600 guests all dressed in white, gathering at specific rallying points across the city, whose location, is only revealed minutes prior to the commencement of the event.
The evening is filled with visually breathtaking moments including the waving of a cloth napkin to mark the beginning of the dinner and the lighting of sparklers to let guests know they are now free to mingle and dance. When at the end of the evening the trumpet sounds, guests pack up all of their belongings, pick up all their litter and head back into the night, leaving behind no sign of their elegant revelry.
To maintain the uniqueness of Le Dîner en Blanc as well as staying true to tradition, guests must observe certain requirements and follow a few key rules:
• Once confirmed, each guest’s participation becomes mandatory, regardless of weather conditions. This is a rain or shine event.
• Dress code: elegant and white only. Originality is encouraged as long as it is stylish and tasteful.
• Table setting: all white!
• To ensure that the location secret is kept undisclosed until last minute, guests meet at assigned departure location and are escorted by a Dîner en Blanc volunteer.
• In order to leave the event location as clean as when they arrived, guests are required to leave with all their belongings, leftovers and litter.
Guests must bring
• A white tablecloth and white napkins
• A picnic basket comprising fine food and proper stemware and white dinnerware. o A catered picnic basket option, which can be picked up on site, will be available for those who do not wish to pack their own. Guests wishing to do so must reserve online through Dîner en Blanc website during the initial ticket registration.
• Champagne and/or wine. Beer and hard liquor are prohibited. o Guests wishing to enjoy some wine or Champagne, can reserve online through the Dîner en Blanc’s e-store but are also welcome to bring their own drinks and beverages.
We got to experience, the tasty delicacies which will be prepared on the 25th of November, thanks to Urban Kichen , who are the main caterers for the event. The event this year has some amazing prices lined up for the guests, thanks to TurnUp Travel and Posh Palace
For more information regarding Le Diner en Blanc, do visit their website nairobi.dinerenblanc